Living a day without ice feels incomplete and unsatisfying and ultimately a painful experience. Can you ever ignore the inconvenience when you are out of ice especially when you have guests to entertain? Eventually, an ice maker has become the most essential kitchen appliance in contemporary households. However, you need different types of ice makers for different purposes.
A portable ice maker can be suitable for you in your kitchen as well as for your outing. But you must know what exactly a portable ice maker is and how it will serve your purpose. Below are the portable ice maker black friday deals as well as factors to consider before buying a portable ice maker.
Portable Ice Maker Black Friday Deals
What is a Portable Ice Maker?
A portable countertop ice maker is an ice-making appliance that is smaller in size for easy portability and to store and easily place on your countertop. It can produce adequate or even larger amounts of ice enough for you throughout the day. Remember, an ice maker is not a freezer but the process of ice making in an ice maker is the same as refrigerator–freezers. You just need electric connectivity and simply add water to the freezing tray and get the ice.
You can use the appliance in the kitchen or for a BBQ outside. This will also serve your purposes while on the go or during a vacation and camping. However, you necessarily need an electric outlet whenever and wherever you wish to use it. You can turn off your portable ice maker and unplug it, pack the appliance and store it or take it along with you in your car.
What are the Best Portable Ice Makers That You Can Get on Black Friday?
The best portable ice makers that you can get on Black Friday are the GE Profile Opal 2.0 and Frigidaire EFIC117-SS. The GE Profile Opal 2.0 is a countertop machine with a water storage tank that can make up to 24 pounds of ice per day.
The Frigidaire EFIC117-SS is an attractive machine with a sleek design and digital controls. It makes up to 26 pounds of ice per day.
And If you’re looking for an affordable countertop ice maker that will be perfect for any kitchen, then the AGLUCKY Countertop Ice Maker is another great option. It is an affordable and portable ice maker that will work well for any kitchen whether you are trying to keep drinks cold or looking for an easy way to make ice cubes on demand.
Factors to Consider in a Portable Countertop Ice Maker
There are various types of ice makers to meet the demands of users like commercial ice makers, built-in and under-counter ice makers, portable ice makers, outdoor ice makers, etc. Portable ice makers are convenient to use both in the kitchen and office and on outdoor trips. Besides this, they have numerous advantages in comparison to other types of ice makers. Ensure the following factors in the portable ice maker if you have already decided to buy one.
- Size and Weight of the Portable Ice Maker: These appliances are smaller in size and lightweight and that is why are called portable ice makers. However, products from different brands differ in size, shape, and weight. You can choose the one that suits the place of your use and storage. If you have plans to move frequently with the appliance then choose the size, shape, and weight of your portable ice maker accordingly.
- The capacity of the Portable Ice Maker: The capacity of your portable ice maker is an important factor to determine based on your need. However, the capacity of the appliance may not be so important if you have plans to move the ice to a different bag and freezer. Too small portable ice makers may come with less capacity that may not give you adequate ice whereas big appliances will be a waste of space and energy.
- Ice Making Speed and Production Capacity: Determine the portable ice maker on how much ice it can contain and how quickly it can produce ice. You can find the production capacity of the appliance through the pounds of ice produced per day. The speed and production capacity of portable ice makers vary from brand to brand. Therefore, determine the ice maker as per your need.
- Cost and Affordability: Portable ice makers are affordable appliances and they cost around $100 to $250 based on their production capacity. You may get cheaper ones in the market but they may have problems, especially when used heavily. Secondly, good brands may cost you but they are durable.
- Look and Ease of Use: Most portable ice makers come in stainless steel, black and white colors. But you can also find other colors to match the colors of your other appliances. As far as ease of use is concerned, portable ice makers are user-friendly and very easy to use. Most units come with intuitive controls and detailed user instructions. However, you can thoroughly examine the user instruction before buying the appliance.
Last but not least is the features in your portable ice maker. Ensure automatic timer, self-cleaning, ice size selection feature, ice scoop, etc. in the appliance. However, make sure that the features are user-friendly and serve your purposes. Above all, right and healthy practices like using filtered water, keeping the appliance clean and cool, etc. can help the appliance serve better for a long time.
So, we hope you can choose the best portable ice machine keeping these factors in mind and you can save some money with portable ice maker black friday deals.